Saturday, January 3, 2015

Well, That Explains Everything

Full moon.  Now everything that's been going on over the past few days makes sense.

One thing I forgot to mention in my comments in my last post is that stress from things like fireworks can cause Scrappy's condition.  Ironically, he's deaf, so he probably didn't hear them, but I know he was affected by the other dogs being stressed out by the fireworks.

I learned something today:  Let sleeping horses lie.

I went outside when Bombay and Rock were sleeping on their sides in the sand.  They heard me coming and stood up.  I put a carrot in Rock's mouth.  He sleepily took it, but when he bit down, the crunch made him jump two feet in the air.  Ha ha!

It is so cold that even the snowbirds are complaining about driving hundreds of miles to get here in hopes of experiencing some warmth, only to find out that it is just as cold in the desert as it is up north.  I seriously feel like I'm back in the Eastern Sierra.  Stewie and I snuggle up together all day and night in a purple Snuggie, and I thought I would never have any need to use that Snuggie in Arizona.  You might remember that before I moved, I was shopping around for a super warm coat because I was shivering constantly and the ice outside would not melt.  I bought two coats that are supposedly rated for freezing temperatures, and neither of them have been keeping me warm lately.  I wish I could wear both at the same time, but the sleeves won't fit together.

I tried to knit some booties for Stewie's feet today, but the end result was unusable.  I can quilt like a pro, but my knitting skills leave a lot to be desired.  I used to have my grandmother cast on and cast off for me, and I discovered that I still have a mental block when it comes to those processes.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Ya I heard it was cold and snowy there. Eww, we had rain on New Years day and that was weird for us. But back down to super cold temps now. I always laugh when we watch people in Arizona or Florida wearing scarves and winter clothes when its really not that cold but then I forget it is that cold when you are used to much warmer.

fernvalley01 said...

Hope you get warmed up!

achieve1dream said...

Yeah not digging the cold! That's hilarious that Rock scared himself biting into his carrot. :-D Goofball!