Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wildflowers

I did get my homework done for my photography class, but I had to skip out on the first field trip, because it was just way too far from home and I suspected that it was going to rain despite the forecast for clear, sunny skies.  I was right.  It rained both here and there.  I just didn't see the point in using up a whole tank of gas, paying to get into the park, and then only having half an hour to photograph the poppies before having to turn around to race back home to feed and let the animals out.  So, I took pictures of flowers at home.  These first few were taken with a telephoto lens.


This next one was taken at night.  A floodlight lit up the flower.

Every picture beyond this point was taken with a macro lens.  I liked the backlight and shadow play of a bud showing through the pedal on this next one.

See the bee in the picture below?

Fill the frame, but don't put the stamen right smack in the center.



This next one did wind up right smack in the center despite the wind blowing the flower around, but the photo comes across as being somewhat surreal with a little help from post processing.

These next flowers were so tiny that I could barely see them with my naked eye.


7 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

those are lovely, and make me dream of warm sunshine!

Cheryl Ann said...

Beautiful photos, Nuzz! We have wildflowers here in the desert and I saw some lupine up on Highway 74 last weekend. I'll have to wait until this next weekend to go back and take some photos. Looks like an average year for wildflowers here...not enough rain.

Katharine Swan said...

Gorgeous pictures! I loved seeing them!

Brenda said...

Great pictures ! Several of my neighbors have wildflowers in their front yards...the only time the city doesn't get on people for weeds. Hahaha. But they're only the Mexican Golden Poppy and not Lupines or anything else.

And I'm with you. Going on the field trip wouldn't be worth it in terms of gas used and amount of time spent there.

Janice Grinyer said...

The colors!!! And the macro shots turned out nice...

Once Upon an Equine said...

Beautiful photos.

achieve1dream said...

Wow those are fantastic!! Well done!