Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bird Feeder Fun

One of the gifts I gave my husband for his birthday was a bird feeder.  It's been fun watching the variety of birds that visit it.  The lighter weight birds pull the seeds from the feeder while the heavier birds pick up whatever gets spilled onto the patio.










While I was sitting on the porch photographing whichever birds were brave enough to come near me, I saw some really large birds flying toward me.  My inner voice told me to photograph the bird that was furthest away, but my logical mind said no, it wouldn't make a good picture, and I didn't think I could get the lens focused fast enough to catch it flying overhead.  It turned out that the bird took a while to reach me because it was weighted down.  When I got a closer look, I saw that it had a live, wiggling snake hanging from its beak!  Nature never ceases to amaze me.

6 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

Your photos are always so beautiful Nuz! I really love that Quail.
The only birds I'm seeing a lot of these days are Chickadees - it seems most birds are smarter than to stick around the deep freeze. Looking forward to the return of the robins.
Mrs Shoes
http://lifeatthe4shoes.blogspot.ca/

Once Upon an Equine said...

That's a nice variety of birds. Love the quail.

Cheryl Ann said...

We used to have quail in our neighborhood and, for over 20 years, a family of roadrunners. All are gone now...too many houses and no habitat for them. I miss them.
Cheryl Ann

Trainwreck said...

So, I just thought I'd stop by and say how the heck are you?? I see I'm still on your blog roll❤️ Sadly my link to my original blog is gone:( I had to create a whole new blog and address. I love that you are still blogging! Trying to catch up with all my friends from the past! Hope all is well:) love your birds!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Trainwreck - Good to hear from you. I'm also glad you mentioned the blog roll, because I completely forgot about it. Probably about 50% of the blogs in it don't exist anymore, and I haven't included newer ones. I've been following blogs in a separate feed, but I know people do use my blog roll, so I should update it.

achieve1dream said...

Wow those photos are great!! Those are some really interesting, pretty birds you have there. I've never seen most of them before. I love your wildlife photos!