Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Flower Heaven

I finally felt well enough to go on a field trip with my photography class, but first I needed to get back into practice.  You can see me in Rock's eye...

I went out into the desert and stalked a bee...

Do you see him in these two pictures?

Getting ready for the field trip was tough.  We were meeting one town over at 7:30 AM and then all caravaning to an Apache reservation where poppies were popping up all over the place.  It's days like this when I wish I had electricity in both my hay barn and horse barn, because I really needed to be feeding the horses before sunrise.  And then since it was a week day, my husband and I had to coordinate time slots to use the shower without making each other late to our destinations.

Both the horses and dogs had to cooperate in order to let everything go like clockwork, and of course, Scrappy had to lose a tooth and need soft food while Stewie refused to eat anything and Bombay refused to go into his stall.  Animals always seem to sense when I'm in a hurry, and they do everything to force me to slow down.  I was so short on time that I didn't get to eat my entire breakfast, I didn't get to wash my hair, and I had to drive to the barn to let the horses out of their stalls on my way to the field trip because walking to the barn would have taken too long.  Time was tight.  I definitely don't want to do this on a regular basis, but here are a few of the photos I took...






I've been spending this week getting caught up on all the chores and appointments I had to cancel while I was out of commission.  Here's a riddle for you:  What do horses and housework have in common?

Give up?

I'll tell you in my next post.

4 comments:

lytha said...

You're really showing me a whole 'nother side of your state, it's amazingly colorful at times.

The pic of Rock's eye is one of the best eye closeups I've ever seen. Beautiful!!!

TeresaA said...

wow, beautiful. I was in Arizona a few years ago in February. My husband and I are talking about coming in March next year. Given the flowers that seems like a good idea.

ellie k said...

The poppies are really pretty and a nice job taking the pics, they look like they might pop out of the screen.

achieve1dream said...

Wow your pictures are amazing!! I hope in the end it was worth all the hassle because I sure love seeing the photos you take. :D The eye shot and bee shots are incredible too.

Housework and horses are never ending chores??