Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Flowering Cacti

My mare Gabbrielle accompanied me on a hike into the desert to get these pictures after Rock helped me find these flowers during a trail ride...




See the bee?
I put Gabbrielle away because her lead rope was getting stickers all over it, and I rode my bike down the road to another location...





I saw that my neighbor had a newborn foal.  This filly is a black and white Gypsy Vanner and is for sale for $8,000, if anyone is interested.  She runs a horse rescue and breeds horses to raise money to keep feeding the horses she rescued, if that makes any sense.  I didn't take pictures, because it was in their back yard, but I can direct you to the ad, which has pictures.

8 comments:

Dreaming said...

The flowers are so beautiful. Thanks for going through the trouble to show them to us.
I wanted a Gypsy Vanner in the worst way! However, now is not the time. If it is meant to happen, one will come my way when the time is right.

Mrs Shoes said...

I have no interest in buying a GV; but I want to look at the pictures because, who doesn't love babies?

lytha said...

8K$! Look how cheap they are where I live: http://www.ehorses.de/search?sub=pferdekauf&param=tinker&seite=2

Cheryl Ann said...

Our palo verde trees are spectacular right now! Also, I'm starting to see some cacti in bloom. Spring is beautiful in the desert, right?
Take care.
Cheryl Ann

Cheryl Ann said...

The lady who owns the ranch where I board my horses raises birds to help pay for her horses. She's down to 11 right now...she lost 2 mares last spring and I believe another one has leg issues, plus she has a 30 something gelding, so she might soon be down another 2...
She sent one of her horses out for training and OOPS! She came back pregnant. That mare had a beautiful paint colt, but died 3 days after he was born. So, she has the colt, but not the mother. I think I would stick to the birds...
I'm going to have to figure out what I can do to pay the horses' board when I retire...probably sub in another district.
Cheryl Ann

HHmstead said...

How Beautiful! Didn't get to see these on my desert trip! Bet it's your most beautiful time of year!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I don't think there is anything prettier than blooming cacti.

I've always wanted a Gypsy Vanner but then every time I look at the feathers and think of the mud/snow/rain etc. around here I chicken out. We don't have room for another horse anyway.

achieve1dream said...

Breeding more horses to pay to feed unwanted horses doesn't make any sense to me at all lol. I would love to see baby pictures though! :D

I love all of your photos. I'm glad your camera is cooperating. I'm so missing having a nice camera, but I'm fortunate that I at least get to borrow my moms and I have the GoPro now. :)