Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Help MiKael

Many of you probably already know by now, but long time horse blogger MiKael lost everything she owned in a house fire.  She hasn't blogged in quite some time, so I thought I'd mention it here in case people didn't have her blog in their feed anymore.

MiKael has always been generous with her knowledge about horses around the blogging community, and now we have a chance to be generous toward her in return.  Please visit her blog post about the fire here, and follow her link to the site where you can donate.  Even if you can't spare anything at the moment, you could share the donation site on your Facebook page or Tweet about it to get the word out.

In a nutshell, her story is that she runs an Arabian horse farm up in Washington state.  Her daughter is disabled after surviving brain cancer, MiKael herself has been battling colon cancer, and her husband Dave lost his job and was unemployed for four years, so they had no insurance on their home at the time of the fire.

Many thanks to you for helping take care of them.

3 comments:

kbryan said...

Oh no! Thank you so much for telling us. I've been worried about her for a long time, but didn't want to intrude by regularly asking how she was doing. This is terrible news (on top of everything else), I hope she and her family can weather this storm. Thank you again for sharing this with us. Kay

fernvalley01 said...

thank you for the heads up! you are a good friend!

achieve1dream said...

I'm completely forgot about her blog. That is so awful about the fire and everything else going wrong. I'm at work so I can't share it right now but I'll try to remember to do it tonight when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.