Monday, March 30, 2015

New Horse


Just kidding.  My friend let me ride her Missouri Fox Trotter today, because I've never ridden a gaited horse before.  It's different.  The walk kind of rocked me forward and backward.  I couldn't figure out how to get a comfortable trot going, and couldn't stop the horse right away, so I didn't try any faster gaits, but he was a really sweet gelding.  I was hugging and kissing on him, and trying to get him to drink out of my water bottle.  I even accidentally kicked him in the butt while dismounting, and he couldn't care less.  He was a part of a dude string for several years and was used to having to give rides to all kinds of people.  I'm sure he'd been kicked in the butt many times before.

We led him across a busy road with motorcycles and trucks pulling trailers roaring past, and he wasn't in the least bit concerned.  He was great being out on the trails without a buddy horse too.  Here he is getting his bath.  He was totally relaxed during that too.

Too cute.  You know I wanted to take him home with me, but I've got enough horses at home waiting for me to clean up their poop.

7 comments:

Linda said...

My friend always said, "Save your boobs, ride a gaited horse!" Do you want a gaited now?

Dreaming said...

The first time I rode a gaiters horse I giggled at he strange feelings under me! He is so good looking!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Linda - Oh gosh! I can't even think about it. I suspect most of the horses I have now are going to outlive me, so I try really hard not to covet other horses.

Cheryl Ann said...

Lucille is gaited. She's half draft, half Tennessee Walker. She's like the gelding...very calm. Sometimes she gets a bit rattled when the tractor is out, however. Otherwise, she's a great "kids" horse! :-)

HHmstead said...

Love that bright blue sky & paint color!

achieve1dream said...

You should have done this post for April Fools. You totally had me going hehe. He's a cutie. I'm glad you enjoyed the ride!

Once Upon an Equine said...

He's beautiful. I've never ridden a gaited horse. Interesting to hear of your experience riding one for the first time.