Thursday, May 7, 2015

Three Sheets to the Wind

I had recently invested in a couple of new sheet sets for our bed.  I looked for really good quality stuff, but one of the sheet sets didn't work out so well.  The first time it went through the washer, one of the pillow cases got a hole in it.  The second time it went through the washer, the fitted sheet ripped.  So, I decided to toss the fitted sheet to the horses and see what they would do with it.

When I first set it down, some air got trapped under it and it bubbled up.  Then a wind started blowing it around and the horses got all snorty about it.  I was surprised to see Gabbrielle, my spookiest horse, be the first to approach the sheet after it flattened out.  She began biting it and throwing it around.  Rock had to investigate, just in case it was food.  Once Gabbrielle and Rock made it clear that it's another toy, Bombay joined in, and there was complete chaos from that point forward.  The pictures speak for themselves...




 







I had to break it up because Rock kept getting the sheet and the elastic wrapped around his legs and then Bombay would try to run off with the sheet.  I was afraid that either Rock would wind up with an injured leg or Bombay would pull his teeth out.  They are such nut cases.  Who needs a paper shredder with horses like these?  I've actually tossed junk mail to them in the past and they instantly shredded it.  It almost becomes a competition on who can destroy it faster.

Oh yeah, and the blue jeans I tossed to them the other day are history.  The two legs are still barely attached to the zipper, but the seat of the pants are stand alone now.  I hang the legs of the jeans over the horses' shoulders, and then place the butt of their jeans on their rumps, and they prance around proudly like they are wearing the latest fashion.

3 comments:

ellie k said...

I would send a picture of the sheet and horses to the company and let them know this was the only use I could find for there poor quality sheet.

Tina said...

Hahaha this is cute!!

achieve1dream said...

That is awesome!!!! I wish I'd thought to give my torn sheets to the horses! I love the pictures!