Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Horse Time

Horse butts...

So lovely.

The boys got a new-to-them pair of jeans to play with.  They were my favorite pair, but I got tired of the air conditioning on the inside of the thigh.  They were quick to rip the hole much bigger during their tug-of-war.

Gabbrielle feeling her oats...

After lunging her, I went to get Rock, and of course, he couldn't walk.  It never fails that whenever everything comes together for me to have a little time and good health to work with the horses, one of them always has to get a hoof abscess.

I hung his toy jeans around his neck to help him feel better.  Nothing was working out in the soaking department, so I splurged on a draft horse sized soaking boot.  It worked well enough... at least until I opened up the gate and Gabbrielle came in...

...and proceeded to bite Rock on the rump.  He jumped and tried to run, and the soaking boot went slop, slop, slap, flying around his hoof.  It managed to stay on, but got twisted all over his hoof.  At least the Epsom Salts stay inside of it, unlike the feed bin and buckets that spill.  I have a smaller soaking boot, but I can't even get Gabbrielle's tiny hooves to fit through the opening.  I'll probably give it to CNJ or Christine, since they've got ponies.  Of course, Rock had to poop and then step in it...

Gee, I wonder why he keeps getting hoof abscesses?

Bombay took Rock's turn in the round pen...

...and promptly tripped and fell down...

I don't know what I'm going to do with these stooges.

4 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

silly buggers! I like the idea of the boot, I have had great luck soaking in a pail but there is always one that kicks it over

fernvalley01 said...

Playing catch up here, sorry your hubby has been so ill! And also have added my prayers for your friends hubby

Cut-N-Jump said...

I'll opt out on the boot. The only one I have left to fit it too is Kat and he stands in a bucket just fine. Heck he would stand on it too if I asked and probably even if I didn't. Otherwise the mares have feet the size of dinner plates.

Knee mails to Elli's hubby and yours as well.

achieve1dream said...

Your horses are so beautiful. Sorry Rock had an abscess. I hope it popped quickly.