Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Hail

We had another hail storm yesterday and could possibly get another one today.  These storms are so weird and violent.  I think what happens is we get two storm fronts moving toward each other, so it is cloudy, but perfectly dry.  Then the two clouds hit and blam!  Hail comes pouring down, followed by rain, and a few minutes later we have a pond in our horse paddock and a lot of mud to slough through.

Everyone except for Lostine was too afraid of the noise on the aluminum roof of the barn to stand under its canopy, so I had three horses who were soaking wet.  I got some pictures of them looking for a place to roll in the sand afterward.






I had been planning on giving Bombay a bath, but now I'm glad I didn't.

1 comment:

achieve1dream said...

LOL! I'm glad you hadn't given him a bath either. It's so annoying when it rains and they get all dirty the day after a bath. :)