Friday, November 20, 2015

Stewie Has Clothes That Fit

Being a short-haired Chihuahua / MinPin mix, Stewie shivers in less than 65 degree temperatures.  We keep picking up dog coats in pet stores and markets, but they never fit.  The extra-small sizes are for straight Chihuahuas and the small sizes are for Corgis, so the extra-small dog clothes strangle him and only cover half his body, while he climbs right out of the small dog clothes because they drag on the ground.

I finally got smart and searched Etsy.com for dog clothes.  That's where I found Jin's K9 Kreations.  All items are hand made and can be custom ordered.  She makes dog beds, belly bands, blankets, harnesses, collars, leashes, and other doggy stuff.

I perused her pre-made selection and found a cute little dog coat / harness that would fit Stewie's long body and ordered it.  It came with its turkey design just in time for Thanksgiving, and it fits perfect!  Stewie is so happy.

It's very well made with a fun cotton print on the outside and fleece on the inside.  I love the D-ring sewn into the back.  With his old coat, we had to dig under it to find the hardware on his harness where we could hook the leash.  This coat is convenient in so many ways.  It was intelligently designed, so you don't have to pull it up or take it off each time he needs to potty.


Keeping watch on the horses

Look, Ma!  You don't have to take off my jacket when I need to pee!



You can't pet this dog without him chewing on your hand.



Stewie kept trying to chase quail, but he was good about coming when I called.

Thankfully, he's not a shoe chewer.
I turned the photo shoot into a training session.  Each time he trotted off to chase bunnies and birds and lizards, I called to him and he came back to me.  Then he was petted and praised... at least until he started chewing on my hand.

7 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

Good looking model too.
Our min pin has had to wear her knit sweater outside for the last couple of days (newsflash: the snow is back).

Cheryl Ann said...

What a cutie pie!

Tina said...

My little dog, Emily is a min pin/chi mix! I wish I had a way to show you her picture lol!

Tina said...

There I changed my profile picture so that you could see my little girl. :O)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Tina - Cute! She has clothes that fit too.

Tina said...

LOL! I cut one my husbands socks to see if she would be okay wearing it. Now she has those super soft socks for sweaters. It's hilarious!

achieve1dream said...

Stewie is so cute!!! I'm glad you found one that fits him finally. That is a really well designed coat!!