Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Morning Surprise

I've been keeping the three horses wearing turnouts locked up during the night so that they won't rip at what is left of them, however last night I heard a crash outside and ran out with my flashlight to make sure that Rock wasn't struggling to work his way out of his blanket.  Everything was fine, but Gabbrielle was anxious.  I let her out since she wasn't wearing a turnout.  I decided to let one other horse out with her since she doesn't rip clothing off other horses.  It was easiest to let Bombay out since his stall was right next to hers and I needed to tie their gates open together.

In the morning, I walked outside to find this...

I forgot that Bombay knows how to open gate latches from the outside, and he let Rock out so that they could play fight and rip each other's blankets.  Yay.  He left poor Lostine locked in her stall, though.  The round pen was frosted over and looked like an ice skating rink...

This is why I don't like it when the horses open the gates themselves...

Fights break out and someone gets pinned somewhere.  Excuse all the manure.  This was at sunrise and they poop a lot during the night.  I don't clean until it's warm enough for me to enjoy being outside.  Rock pushing the gate the other way to let himself back into his stall for breakfast...

Gotta love a horse with self-initiative.  Another D-ring tearing off Lostine's rotted blanket...

The good news is that she protects her clothing from the other horses, so this blanket has lasted years, which is why it is rotting.  Rock's "feed me" face...


2 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

That 'feed me' face looks awfully familiar... heeheehee

achieve1dream said...

Hehe that is so funny that Bombay can open gates. He showed who his favorite is lol. :D