Friday, December 4, 2015

Toying with the Grinch

My next door neighbor discovered that someone had cut the electrical cord to his Christmas lights a couple of nights ago.  He showed me the cord, and sure enough you can clearly see that someone had made a couple of attempts to cut it with a knife, and finally succeeded on the third try.  The cord was not chewed by critters.

We figured that our local vandal/burglar/dumper has been at it again.  A lot of neighbors have fallen victim to his malicious mischief over the years, and only one neighbor succeeded in getting a photograph of him breaking the law, and she was able to take him to court.  However, he didn't show up in court because he checked himself into a mental hospital instead.  Clearly, he didn't learn anything from the ordeal, because he's back at it again.  In addition to this latest incident, he also tore up all the signs on the hill and stole some bicycles from another neighbor's yard.

My neighbor replaced the cut cord, so his lights are up and running again.  I decided to put up some lights myself as a show of solidarity, and as if to dare the cord cutter to come anywhere near this neighborhood again.  I want to catch him so bad.  Committing petty crimes is an impulse for this guy, so putting up more Christmas lights is like dangling a carrot in front of his face.  I should probably mention that this criminal belongs to a religion that does not celebrate Christmas, or any holiday for that matter.

I strung some lights up around our orange tree...


I also wrapped some around our porch railing...



We also got a bigger doggy bed for Scrappy...

He's been curling up in the same cat bed that the animal shelter sent home with him years ago, and we thought he could use something a little more spacious.

5 comments:

TeresaA said...

that's too bad about the grinch but I love the light on the orange tree.

Linda said...

I like your fighting attitude. Go get him! I hope he's caught.

Mrs Shoes said...

Early Christmas for Scrappy!

Crystal said...

Those lights on the orange tree are pretty! Ugh whats wrong with people, leave other peoples stuff alone, frustrating but at least not dangerous.
Scrappy looks happy in his new bed :)

achieve1dream said...

Wow that's a lot of oranges!! I love the lights. So pretty!

Ugh... I hope you catch the vandal!