Monday, February 1, 2016

Around the Ranch

We've got another storm passing through right now, but I thought I would share some photos I took around the ranch before the high winds, rain, and thunder moved in.

It's that time of year when wealthy snowbirds fly over my house in loud, obnoxious vehicles.

I finally got a shot of the roadrunner who lives in my round pen.  This was taken from the porch, which is probably about 40 yards away, using a zoom lens.  I just saw an anomaly in the pen and looked through my viewfinder while zooming in.

This picture kind of cracks me up.  I'm in a lounge chair reading about exercising, and the bookmark has the word "Eat" sticking up out of the book.

Lostine's pretty face.  The horses were milling about waiting for me to leave the porch to feed them.

Midge's pretty face.  She was waiting to be fed too.

Some random bunny's pretty face.  She was waiting for me to go away so that she could eat.

One of Bombay's many goofy faces.

And another.  He was my buddy on this day, following me as I walked around the property looking for wild animals to photograph.

Then Gabbrielle had to come up and give me her sour face.  God forbid that one of the geldings attempt to groom her.

But all's well that ends well.  Once Bombay began clapping his lips together to show submission, Gabbrielle was happy again.  Long live the Queen.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Haha that's me too sitting down reading about exercise rather than doing it. Bombay what a character! and that bunny is adorable :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm developing a new theory regarding Rock's habitual lameness. It's not that he instantly gets hoof abscesses during every rain storm, but that Gabbrielle gets bitchy and intolerant during every rain storm. She's locked up in a pen today after injuring Rock twice. Please... somebody buy this mare from me before she kills my gelding!

achieve1dream said...

LOL Long live the queen... mares! :D I love Bombay and all his cute faces.