Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Quick Story

Just a quick story before I forget...

This morning I was locking the horses up in their respective stalls for breakfast when Lostine backed up to her freshly filled water trough and lifted her tail.  I scrambled to try to get to her to stop her, but knew I wouldn't make it in time.  I yelled, "Lostine!  You'd better not poop in that trough or you'll be in big trouble."

Right then, Rock ran over to her, threw his head over the railing and bit her on the butt.  She jumped forward just as she started pooping, and missed the trough.  I love it when other horses seem to understand what I'm saying and help me solve the problem by intervening on my behalf.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Rock sounds like so much fun. My old gelding Henry used to be a tattle tale he'd let you know when some other horse was doing the wrong thing all the time

Dreaming said...

Hahahaha - that would have been fun to see! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Rock seems to be becoming your champion!

Mrs Shoes said...

"Rock the Enforcer"