Thursday, April 7, 2016

Good Horse!

Rock was a good boy on the trails today.  He didn't rush home and ignore my cues to slow down and stop.  I hope this isn't a fluke, but a sign of better things to come.  I thought I was hallucinating, because I'd see something out of the corner of my eye, turn my head, and then nothing would be there.  But then Rock saw it too.  There was a coyote slinking around in the bushes up ahead.

Cuteness...

I actually remembered to neck rein on part of the ride...

Adjusting my helmet, because it was cramping my head...

Lots of dead stuff along the trails, but also a lot of new growth blocking the trails...


Got wood?

Chew it!

All my appointments this week have been driving me nutty.  Everyone wants to schedule me right smack in the middle of the day between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM, which is when I like to ride the horses this time of year.  And when I tell one person I want an appointment after 2:00 PM, another person calls me and tells me they have to reschedule me for an earlier appointment because it's more convenient for them.  Who's the customer here?

I also can't go anywhere or do much of anything if I have to be in town for an appointment in the middle of the day.  I ripped another pair of my favorite jeans on the inside of the thigh and had to donate it to the horses' toy box.  One of these days I'd like to go shopping for new jeans, but I need a block of about four hours without feeling rushed because all the good stores are a long drive away.

Anyway, today I got a break from the constant activity and jumped on the free time.  With the exception of the coyote, some squirrels, birds and lizards, we had the desert to ourselves, which surprised me.  It's a cloudy, breezy day with a storm moving in, so I thought everybody would be out there trying to rec-reate before everything gets muddy.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay perfect to get it all to yourself and Rock was perfect :)
I need new jeans too, I like the same size and style all the time which is hugely helpful but I still haven't gotten them in the last 3 months cause stores are so far and I just got better things to do

Vaquerogirl said...

Sounds like a great day! Miles and miles of miles and miles!