Monday, April 18, 2016

The Trail of Broken Fingernails

My poop load has doubled since I went clothes shopping at a couple of malls in a couple of cities yesterday and didn't have time to clean.  I knew that if I took the time to clean up all the manure and dog poop, I'd be too sore and tired to ride, so I rode first.

See?  I can make smart decisions.

Here are some things that Gabbrielle would spook at along the trails...

But not Rock.  He stopped right next to this discarded ATV tire to poop and grab a snack.  He also ignores dead stuff along the trails that Gabbrielle always thinks is alive, simply because it looks different.

This is the point at which I noticed that I broke a fingernail...

I've broken so many nails while horseback riding that I could name a trail after all of my broken fingernails.

Love that dun rump...

And here's your reward for another great ride...

I saw one other horseback rider off in the distance.  I was watching carefully to see if Rock noticed the other horse first or if the other horse noticed him.  It turned out that neither horse noticed each other, but the girl riding happened to look in our direction and do a double-take.  I'm sure she was thinking, "Dang!  I thought everyone went back home and I had the desert to myself."

Bombay was swinging my old blue jeans around while I released Rock to go play with him...

Now I must go have a meeting with a pooper scooper and a manure fork.

3 comments:

Linda said...

That was smart to prioritize! As for fingernails, I always lose mine, too, or at least I used to. I keep them short to play the guitar now, so it's not a problem anymore. My hands aren't very feminine looking though. :(

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Linda - I took a vow to chop mine off the minute I was able to see white growing there, but you know how time flies when you're having fun.

Cheryl Ann said...

As a former pianist, I've NEVER had long fingernails! If they grow beyond a certain point, I just cut them off. Manicures? I think I've had two in my entire lifetime!