Thursday, August 25, 2016

Shockers

Well, it looks like I broke it...

Stewie displaying his paranoid expression.  "Why is your foot with that disgusting toe touching me?  I didn't break it."

Ignore the remnant of nail polish.  I go to nail salons because most days I can't reach my own toes to clip them, but I'm not going to go to nail salons to have them remove old polish after paying them to put the polish on.  I just let it grow out, and then when the polish is all gone, I know it is time to go in for another pedicure.

You know the sticker that says "Objects in mirror appear closer than they are"?  Well, for me, objects appear further than they are, so I do stupid things like crash into furniture.

Rock's latest war wound appears to be healing well.  I was really worried about this one.  He definitely will have another scar to add to his collection.  I did put Gabbrielle up for sale at an affordable price, but haven't received any interest whatsoever.  It's tough finding new a new home for a horse unless you practically give it away.  Also, there aren't as many Arabian horse fans as there used to be.  I constantly hear people insulting the breed.  It gets a bad rap.  I actually looked up her breeder to see if he'd be interested in taking her, but he's like 85 years old now, so I doubt it.

A funny thing happened.  We get this free newspaper, and I usually scan the headlines and read what interests me, and then toss it in the recycling bin.  But lately the papers have been piling up and I haven't had time to read them, so they just go straight into the recycling bin.  I was picking up my mail the other day and the newspaper delivery gal tossed my paper to me.  I took it indoors and tossed it on the table while I dealt with medical bills.

Then last night I picked up the paper to toss it in the bin, and looked down to see two of my photos filling up a half-page spread on the back page.  It was shocking.  I was like, "Whaaaaaaaaaat?   This is not my blog."

Then I remembered that my husband had been pestering me to submit my wildlife photos to the paper for months now, and I took a minute to do it last week.  The editor responded with a thank you, but didn't mention wanting to print them.  I just forgot about it.  I was amazed that they gave my photos so much real estate, along with free advertising for my photography business, which is now a hobby.  Most paying advertisers don't get that much space.  I flipped the paper over and one of my photos was on the front page too!  I guess they had a lot of extra space to fill this week.


7 comments:

TeresaA said...

Congratulations! ON the photos not the toe! You should take a photo of the spread to show us!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Teresa - Okay, I just added a pic.

Brenda said...

That is really neat! Congratulations. Bummer about the toe, though. Ouch.

Crystal said...

Ouch to the toe and how cool with the photos!

Kathryn Little said...

DEFINITELY bummer about the foot and also that's pretty awesome about the photography!

Mrs Shoes said...

I'm not at all surprised the paper used your photos (because you take excellent photos); the editor was probably glad to get professional pics without having to pay for them. p.s. about bunny bites (thinking about your last post) -- I only have tame rabbits so they may not act the same as wild ones do, but I notice that our bunnies are more likely to strike out with their forepaws rather than bite, & also that they seem more inclined to hop away than to fight. It's amazing that your wild bunny is hanging out, listening for you, approaching you & (!!!!) letting you pet her too. Obviously you must give off a very calm vibe for an animal that is mostly nature's version of snack food to be so trusting of you. :-)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Thank you!