Thursday, October 13, 2016

Herbivore Meets Carnivore

I looked out the window to see Rock and Gabbrielle marching out to the end of the arena like they were on a mission.  Then I saw movement on the other side of the fence.  I pulled out the binoculars and saw a coyote chasing rodents down holes.  The horses were very interested in what it was doing.  When Rock began nibbling on something, the coyote approached him to see if what he had to eat was any better than the lunch that got away.

(You may have to click on the photos to make them big enough to see the coyote.)


Apparently, the coyote decided that weeds were not an interesting food source, because he yawned and walked away.

But not without taking one last look down a critter hole.

2 comments:

Redneck Geologist said...

Awesome.

Cheryl Ann said...

I'm amazed they get that close to the horses! I often see rabbits up at the ranch where I board my herd, but never a coyote in the yard.