Monday, November 28, 2016

A Play Day

The horses have been developing stall vices in the few weeks that I haven't been able to work with them, so I made sure that I got each of them out to play in the round pen before the storm moved in.  Since most of my recent posts have been wordy and light on pictures, I made sure to get plenty of pics this time.

Rock picking up his feet for a change...


 ...and inspecting the obstacle course.

You never know.  That red whip might actually be a tall strand of licorice.

Lostine running her heart out, as always...

...and paying for it during the cool down.

She stretches out her neck and poll when it hurts.

Gabbrielle looking dainty and pretty...

...then letting her ferocious side come out.

Bombay throwing his head in the air to tell me to run with him...

Ummm, how about no.

I can't compete with that.  He's a speed demon.  Not even the camera can keep up with him...

Throughout our round pen fun, we had an onlooker...

The horses wouldn't let me leave until I let them taste my hat...


 
That was quickly turning into a rescue mission, but not until someone got to wear it first.


2 comments:

lytha said...

Great photos! I think a hat looks like a bucket, to horses, so they wanna see if there is grain inside.

Camryn said...

That hat! Made my day