Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Kickin' It in the Wind

My father-in-law made this little windmill for my husband.  We still have to mount it, so I took pictures of it on the lounge chair.

That's me holding what looks like Rock with a lighter mane and tail.  Don't know when the last time is that I wore a dress and bonnet.  I actually bought two beautiful dresses to wear to my friend's wedding in September up north, but it was too cold, so I wore a pant suit instead.  The dresses are still hanging in the closet unworn.  The boots on the doll are definitely something I wear, though.

That's my husband standing in front of the haystack in his pilgrim hat.

When the wind blows the propeller, Rock kicks my husband in the butt and he falls headfirst into the haystack.

Pretty silly.  I'm looking forward to mounting it and finding a place to put it where our neighborhood burglar won't steal it.  However, with the winds we've had around here lately, they'd probably blow all of my father-in-law's hard work out into the desert where the coyotes would have a party with its moving parts.

They almost made off with the horse's ball again.  I found it outside of the paddock below our patio, and I know the horses can't throw or kick that far.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Haha I love it! Although I cant imagine Rock doing that too much effort lol.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I love it! Looks like a lot of work went into making it.

Linda said...

That's hilarious! He did good!