Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Third Camera Down

I thought I was done with finding camera batteries dead after charging all of them, but somehow my GoPro helmet cam died after just a few shots on my trail ride today.  I was bummed, because I "took" some really great photos along the way, none of which recorded because the battery had died, which I didn't know because the camera was on my forehead where I couldn't see it.  I'm starting to think that we had some kind of electromagnetic blast that drained all of the camera batteries simultaneously.  I'm really good about always charging each camera battery after downloading photos.

So, here's the story of my ride:  On the way out, Rock snatched a snack off a bush and got a stick wrapped around his bit.  I had to pull his head around and lean forward to grab it, and the little stinker chewed the stick to the far side of his mouth.  So, I had to pull his head around to the other side and lean forward to try to grab it there...

...and he managed to spit it out.

When we got further up this trail...

...we could no longer find it because there was a carpet of green grass for as far as we could see.  Rock was so happy to be in a meadow.  I took a bunch of pictures to show how green it was, but...

At one point Rock stopped and threw his head up.  I looked where he was looking, but saw nothing.  Then I heard something behind us and looked over my shoulder, but saw nothing.  I knew something was coming, but I couldn't see it.  I urged Rock to keep moving, but he refused.  He was like, "Uh uh.  Not until we figure out what that noise is."

It got louder and louder and it was coming up from behind us fast, but we still couldn't see anything.  Suddenly, this older couple on two gaited horses appeared on the trail next to us.  A tree and a bunch of tall bushes were blocking our view previously.  They acted like they didn't even see me.  Their horses' hoof beats were so loud that they probably didn't hear me exclaim to Rock, "Oh!  There they are."

They passed us so fast that we felt a wind.  Rock was super excited.  I thought he was going to take off after them and try to bite those horses on the butt.  However, he was a good boy and he just stood still and watched in amazement.  I took a ton of invisible pictures of them, none of which we will get to see.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Ha invisible pictures! I hate when that happens and you always think you got a good one too! Oh well at least Rock didnt get upset and have to follow them

Camryn said...

Goooood boy Rock for not chasing after them. Camryn would sometimes become unnerved when encountering gaited horses on the trail. Particularly Paso Fino for some reason.

Linda said...

Ha! His peeps. Yes, horses get so excited to see their kind. Good boy, Rock!