Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Yoti's Brief Visit

I was just saying the other day that the coyotes seem to have moved on to new territory, because I hadn't seen nor heard hide nor hair out of any of them for a couple of weeks.  Then this one showed up at the barn...

...and the horses spooked it...

...by rolling on their backs and kicking their legs in the air.  I couldn't have captured that horse expression if I tried.

What the...?

The coyote moved on to less weird pastures with a puzzled and cautious demeanor.


It disappeared into the sunset.

I finally finished another batch of rocks...

The round orange thing started out being a basketball, but it wasn't round enough to look like one, so I changed it into a pumpkin.  Wrong time of year, but I tried.  I know it doesn't even look like a pumpkin either.  I'm contemplating just slapping a couple of colors on each rock and calling it good.  A lot of people have their toddlers paint and plant rocks.  I'm not signing mine, so people who find my really ugly ones can just assume that a toddler painted them.  Ha ha.

I think I'll have more luck if I just paint a design on the rocks, as opposed to seeing what their shape reminds me of, and then trying to paint a recognizable object onto them.

The ladybugs are the smoothest rocks I've found yet, but I had to paint them multiple times because each time the paint dried, it wanted to stick to everything but the rock.  Unfortunately, I didn't get them done in time for the latest hunt.  The hunters took a picture of all the rocks they found, and none of my first batch were included.  Apparently, I hide my rocks really well.  Some people took pictures of rocks they found in the places where they found them, and I'm realizing that they are basically leaving them out in the open for someone to stumble upon as opposed to hiding them under a pile of unpainted rocks or underneath a bush.  Now that the temps are rising, the snakes are out, so I'll re-hide my first batch in less risky locations whenever I can get out to plant the second batch.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love the ladybugs! Probably not a bad idea to rehide them in safe locations. That would be horrible to reach down and get bit by a snake!

Camryn said...

The lady bugs are awesome. I rarely see our coyotes but, hear them sing along to the bagpipes used frequently at military funerals behind us. Sounds like we've got a pretty large community of them.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

the rocks are great! I have a large one at home I use as a doorstop with a lions face on it ,I like the idea of having them hidden in plain sight for hunters

Kelsea Allen said...

The rocks are really cool. Do you just paint them? :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Kelsea - Yes, I painted and sealed them with acrylic.