Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Who's Been Pooping in My Sandbox?

I noticed Gabbrielle alerting on something up the driveway.  It turned out to be a coyote chasing a squirrel down a hole.  The coyote dug up the ground a bit, gave up on the squirrel, wandered over to my wildlife water bowls, drank the rest of the water out of them, and then crawled under the arena fence to help itself to the horse's water trough.  I thought its intrusiveness would end there, but then it walked around the horse barn and laid down in the shade against the water trough in Rock's stall.

I tried to sneak up on it to take a picture, and I caught it just as it ran beside Rock and under the barn railing on its way out of town...

That explains why I've been finding dog poop in the riding arena.  At least it didn't make off with a Jolly Ball this time.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Ha! Guess everyone needs water in the summer in AZ. and he's found an easy source.

Linda said...

Water pulls in a lot of animals here, too, but not that close and not in the day.